Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh my stars and garters.

Oh my stars and garters. I just did a preliminary guest count, and I never imagined I'd know this many people to invite! Not counting potential +1's, we're already over a count of 85. I know that not everyone invited ultimately ends up attending, but you still have to be somewhat prepared for close to that number. Meep!

So much for keeping venue cost free, heh. We'll definitely have to rent a tent now. Do they come in black or pretty colours? Going to have to figure out a shuttle system to handle the non-existent parking. We've considered other venues, but nothing meshes with us. No desire to do the banquet hall thing, we're not outdoorsy park-people, and most venues are crazy $$ and not meaningful to us. Sure, we could do something a little more offbeat like a museum or a theater, but again $$ and not so personal.

We really want to have this at home, which is actually where we first met. The trees should be turning a bit, we can have a bonfire going, pretty lights, etc.. I just worry about it being too chilly. But with 60-90 people, I'm sure the body heat will keep the tent nice and toasty.

I'm having a lot of fun pouring over all the wedding blogs and galleries. It will be great to get together with everyone and hash out some ideas. I enjoy the challenge of bastardizing things I come across with our own personal brand of style. ;) I've been playing with Polyvore, so expect to see some visual brainstorming on the site soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment